The Bellya: Join In & Win Some Stuff!




Hello and please lean back as I commemorate the official opening of not only The Bellya blog, but also an entire network meant to keep you both well informed and shivering with antici--uh, reasonably entertained.

*unfurls (tiny) golden flag*  ⚐ 

I am Crystal Anderson, your YA librarian!

                                                  

I am sadly without cat ears in real life. I will probably have a couple stacks of books around me; it's my natural habitat and I take it with me wherever I go. ( ◕ ‿ ∩ )

Please feel free to approach me online or in person if you need help finding a book or an answer, want to make a recommendation for the YA collection, are excited to become involved at the library in some way (events--or, coming soon, volunteer opportunities & TAB, Teen Advisory Board), if you'd like to share an idea, and/or you just want to introduce yourself!

But back to the blog:

 "Bellevue Public Library, Young Adult Department" is kind of a mouthful, yeah?  And it would make a hilariously long web site address. Hence, we need something short and catchy! Something with a nice ring to it, a name you can claim...

   

That was my thought process. I hope you like it! Personally, I'm fond of any title that has a "bell" in it. It evokes a range of chiming and gonging noises, all sound effects I like to apply to the everyday. ♫  LOL

Now, here's what The Bellya social media can do for you:

⚫ receive event announcements--like our regular Gamefests and YA Matinees, AND special programs, such as Craftzilla! and Teen Tech Week!

⚫ see photos and videos of events, displays, and behind-the-library-scene looks!

⚫ read book reviews and recommendations (mine and I hope, one day, yours)!

⚫ have many, many ways to share ideas--surveys, comments, email--and make a change!

⚫ get news as it happens (snow closings, event cancellations, giveaway winners, etc.)--particularly if you use apps!

⚫ laugh at cute, witty, funny, often library-related things (on Tumblr especially)! Library humor FTW! 

                                >>>> Por ejemplo, Pusheen with a book blanket:  
                             

 
⚫ form a community--online and/or in person--of techtacular, book-loving, game-playing, craft-making, potentially fandomtastic awesomeness! Be right in the middle or comfortably around the edge; extroverts and introverts welcome!

⚫ & much more!




But don't forget to come back! The giveaways are farther down within this post.







☛ Go there!






☛ Go there!





☛ Go there!

  
 One of the Bellya social media posters around the library!:





And, at last, the >>>>




To spread the Bellya love, I want to give you guys some cool stuff! But before you enter, please read...

 ⚜ The Rules ⚜ 

 

 ⚫ You must be in the 7th-12th grade. (Although all ages are welcome to check out from the YA area!)

⚫ You must be a Bellevue, NE resident (or if, technically speaking, your home has not been annexed into Bellevue, then you must be a card-carrying member of the Bellevue Public Library).

⚫ If you have a card, then you must be in good standing (e.g. no lost items or account blocks).

That's it! 

If you win, I will contact you via the information you provide. Prizes will be available for pick-up at the BPL Front Desk! Please let me know if you require a different arrangement.



★ Prize One ★

A vinyl figure of Finn from...



Measuring approximately 4 inches tall!





a Rafflecopter giveaway


(Pssst! We have a bunch of great Adventure Time things you can check out! Do a title search with "Adventure Time" in our catalog!

It will look like this:
 
)


★ Prize Two ★

Three awesome YA ARCs (Advance Reader Copies) & an Adventure Time bookmark!




   Read summary!              Read summary!               Read summary!




a Rafflecopter giveaway

  

 

★ Prize Three ★

Three YA paranormal fantasies and shiny stickers!

  

    Read summary!            Read summary!             Read summary!







a Rafflecopter giveaway


Good luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment